YOU MUST KNOW # 32
He can shapeshift, become smaller than the smallest, larger than the largest adversary at will. He uses this attribute to shrink and enter Lanka, as he searches for the kidnapped Sita imprisoned in Lanka. Later on, he takes on the size of a mountain, blazing with radiance, to show his true power to Sita.
As we all have read in Hanuman Chalisa that:
“asht siddhi nav nidhi ke data
as var deen janki mata”
Lord Anjaneya or Hanumanji is the master of 8 siddhis and 9 nidhis.
Anima and Mahima are the 2 siddhis where he is able to reduce his size and increase it respectively.
The other 6 are:
- Garima: Ability to increase one’s weight infinitely
- Laghima: Ability to become lighter than the lightest
- Prapti: Ability to Obtain anything
- Prakamya: Ability to acquire anything desired
- Isitva: Lordship over creation
- Vasitva: Having control over things.
The Hanuman Chalisa says that Mother Sita (Janaki Mata) bestowed this grace upon him.
Jai Shree Ram!